Today is a momentous occasion for all of us at SciLynk. We have raised 100,000 dollars in pre-seed funding from 1517 Fund! We are incredibly grateful to Danielle and everyone at 1517 Fund for their belief in our mission. We are excited for the future and can't wait to see what we can accomplish together!
In the past few years, we have witnessed a massive increase in the volume of research literature, and information overload has become almost commonplace in academic labs. We believe that there has been a fundamental shift in research workflows, and we want to empower researchers to achieve their goals and discover new horizons. Our mission is to help researchers find the information they need, when they need it, so they can focus on doing what they do best: conducting groundbreaking research. Our platform will revolutionize the way researchers work, and we are committed to making it the best possible tool for them.
We are thrilled to have the support of 1517 Fund as we embark on this journey. Their investment will allow us to accelerate our development and bring our platform to more researchers around the world. We are confident that SciLynk will positively impact the research community, and we are excited to see what the future holds.
What is SciLynk?
SciLynk is a research engine that helps researchers find, organize, and analyze scholarly literature more efficiently. It offers personalized research feeds, intuitive filters, holistic academic metadata, and a suite of collaboration features. Our goal is to help researchers save time, improve their research, and collaborate with others. We designed SciLynk around the research workflow, rather than search or data. This means that it fits seamlessly into any researcher's existing workflow. SciLynk helps with discovery and ideation by providing users with AI-powered feeds, an intelligent search engine, academic entity pages, and more.
Why we built SciLynk?
We are obsessed with science and aim to accelerate scientific discovery. We want to give researchers the opportunity to write their name in the history books. Our vision is built around inspiring a generation of researchers, dreamers, and mad scientists – giving them the tools they need to change the world. What's next?
SciLynk is constantly evolving to meet the needs of researchers. Here are some of the things we are working on for the future:
- Better filters: We are working on improving our filters to make it easier for researchers to find the research they need. We will be adding new filters, such as topic, methodology, and funding source. We will also be improving the accuracy of our filters so that researchers can be confident that they are finding relevant research.
- Improved data quality: We are working on improving the quality of the data in SciLynk. We will be cleaning up the data, removing duplicates, and correcting errors. We will also be adding new data sources, such as preprints and grey literature.
- Access to more papers: We are working on expanding our access to papers. We will be adding new journals and conference proceedings to our database. We will also be working to allow researchers to upload their own papers to SciLynk.
- Increased data visualizations: We are working on adding more data visualization tools to SciLynk. These tools will help researchers to understand their data and to communicate their findings more effectively.
- Expanding our AI: We are working on expanding our AI capabilities. We will be adding new AI features that help researchers to find, organize, and share research more efficiently.
We're excited about the future of SciLynk. We believe that our platform has the potential to revolutionize the way research is conducted and are committed to making SciLynk.com the go-to platform for accelerating scientific discovery. We are excited to continue our journey and see what we can accomplish together.
Bonus: SciLynk Conference Fellowship
We're also excited to announce that we're launching a new grant program to support early-stage researchers. We understand that going to conferences is expensive, from travel, to tickets, the costs add up! We want to send one early-stage researcher to a conference of their choice (all expenses paid!). We're looking for researchers with inspiring stories and who are working on projects that have the potential to make a significant impact on the global community.
If you fit this description or know someon that you think might be a good fit for the program, please apply here
We can’t wait to read all your stories!
Arnav, Arvind, and Stanley